Paradise on earth: the sun-kissed holiday island Hainan in the south of China is about to be converted into an international tourism destination. Since more than five years the tourism is booming – a public index is recording growth rates of almost 18 percent every year.
According to TOPHOTELPROJECTS, the worldwide leading provider for global b2b hotel data, currently 48 new luxury resorts with more than 20,700 rooms are under construction or in development on Hainan. The largest hotel project on the island is the spectacular Sanya Beauty Crown Hotel with ‘seven hotel stars’.
The hotel will feature 6,000 rooms and serviced apartments in nine building sections, which will look like trees. The hotel project costs more than a billion US-Dollars and will open its doors in spring 2016. The extraordinary tree shape, the “nine beautiful trees”, should represent the tropical nature of the island, which is also called “Hawaii of China”.
Selected Top hotel projects on Hainan in China
- Hard Rock Hotel Haikou – Hainan – 250 rooms – August 2015
- Moringa Hotel Sanya Beauty Crown – Hainan – 6000 rooms & Serviced Apartments – planned opening: spring 2016
- St. Regis Qingshui Bay Resort – Hainan – 400 rooms – spring 2016
- Swissotel Sanya – Hainan – 300 rooms – spring 2016
- Submarine Hotel – Hainan – 175 rooms – early 2016
- Jumeirah Haikou Hotel – Hainan – 140 rooms – early 2018
The Chinese have already replaced the Germans as top travelling nation and promote especially in the Middle Kingdom the domestic tourism.
Currently China offers more than 2.7 million rooms and 11,700 hotels. The tendency is rising. Recently the tourism archived a revue of 40 billion US-Dollars. Until 2022 it is expected that the market volume will increase up to 100 billion US-Dollars and will therefore surpass the USA.