Posted On 2015/06/18 By In Business, Branding, Entertainment, News, Internet, Media, Social Media With 515 Views

Alibaba unveils Plans to be the Netflix of China

China’s e-commerce giant Alibaba has announced it will launch an online streaming service in China in the next two months.

Inspired by Netflix and HBO, Alibaba’s new content streaming service Tmall Box Office – or known as TBO – will focus on bringing in foreign content as well as promoting in-house original productions.

Patrick Liu, president of Alibaba’s entertainment business unit, said on Sunday at a press conference in Shanghai that the company aims to redefine home entertainment and become successful as Netflix and HBO in the United States.

Liu also said that 90 percent of TBO’s content will be charged either on monthly or pay-per-view basis while the remaining 10 percent will be available for free.


Learn more in our Global Ready China Seminars


Sources:

Article: Marketing Interactive

China’s e-commerce giant Alibaba has announced it will launch an online streaming service in China in the next two months. Inspired by Netflix and HBO, Alibaba’s new content streaming service Tmall Box Office – or known as TBO – will focus on bringing in foreign content as well as promoting in-house original productions. Patrick Liu, president of Alibaba’s entertainment business unit, said on Sunday at a press conference in Shanghai that the company aims to redefine home entertainment and become successful as Netflix and HBO in the United States. Liu also said that 90 percent of TBO’s content will be charged either on monthly or pay-per-view basis while the remaining 10 percent will be available for free. Learn more in our Global Ready China Seminars Sources: Article: Marketing Interactive

Readers' Rating

How did you like this article? Would you like to read more content like this? Tell us your opinion: by rating this article you help us select the most relevant content for you in the future. Thank you for pointing us in the right direction.

User Rating: Be the first one !
0

Tags : , , , , ,

About

Stefan

Stefan (from Austria, Europe) has been living, studying and working in China since 2010. Stefan has worked on several research, publication and consulting projects focusing on the China Travel Market. He holds three Masters degrees and is an expert on China Outbound Tourism, Marketing and Social Media in China. Stefan works with BMG on the Global Ready China Seminars as well as the Global Ready China News and related projects. He also has teaching engagements in the areas of eMarketing and Tourism Strategy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *